RIP Tommy Gemmell. A Lisbon Lion and one of the best ever to play for Celtic. Feel free to disagree.
- Jimmy Johnstone – “Wee Jinky” was one of the best wingers ever. Only 5’4″ but he was brilliant in the 1967 European Cup Final. Voted by fans as the greatest ever.
- Jimmy McGrory – not only Celtic’s highest goal scorer but he holds the British record. 538 goals in 534 games.
- Billy McNeill – played 790 times for Celtic. Their greatest captain whose finest hour was lifting the European Cup.
- Danny McGrain – over 650 appearances, a quality full back.
- Paul McStay – “The Maestro” was a one club midfield general.
- Bobby Lennox – Celtic’s second highest goal scorer. Incredibly quick.
- Henrik Larsson – the best recent player. If he had stayed longer he would have been higher on the list.
- Kenny Dalglish – Scotland’s best ever player started with Celtic. He would be top of the list if he played at Parkhead throughout his career.
- Tommy Gemmell – a superb attacking full back. Scored the equalising goal in Lisbon which changed the game.
- Charlie Tully – a supremely skillful winger.
Something for Celtic fans to get all misty eyed about here