Aretha Franklin is retiring this year. This list reminds us of what we will be missing.
- Respect – her greatest anthem.
- I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) – a great soul performance
- Think – another empowering feminist anthem
- I Say A Little Prayer – better than the Dionne Warwick version
- Do Right Woman, Do Right Man – another great song with a tough, don’t mess with me, message
- (You Make Me Feel) Like a Natural Woman – a more loving Carole King song
- Chain Of Fools – although this is a break up song, Aretha still seems strong
- Dr. Feelgood (Love Is A Serious Business) – proper sexy vocals
- Share Your Love With Me – another Grammy winner
- Baby I Love You – this bizarrely appears in Goodfellas’
Get the Greatest Hits